Sunday, May 5, 2019

New in :GVNTHELABEL

Gvnthelabel --  i spotted the brand online when i came across the prettiest share of green on a sandal. The Selene in Green apple, which you can shop HERE. Dare i call it love at first sight? and they lived happily ever after?....

Gvnthelabel, Philippine-based brand, which sources and manufactures locally made leather bags perfect for the every day.  I learnt as i did further research that they make use of vegan leather because they don't believe in the use of animal skin as part of their advocacy as a brand. The fashion industry is a contributor to practices like poaching, unethical skinning and pollution because of demand, mass production or fast fashion so i really do appreciate when brands make a conscious effort to keep our home its life and beauty in tact.  That being said I'm not vegan, I'm not perfect. I do eat meat, i have shopped at fast fashion retailers and as i grow as an individual I'm learning to make wiser choices and working on  adjusting my lifestyle.

Back to the GVN, which btw! is a cute name( hella bougee) they also sent me a sandal and bag from their newest release: The Croc Collection, which you can shop HERE The line easily reminds me  classic french style. Coming in multiple staple colors and easily transfers from day to night. 

For sizing, they only run up to a size 9 whilst my feet are a size 10. I assumed because they're sandals i could squeeze into them and i was right. For the selene's, because they come with straps upfront my feet go over abit. But its nothing too horrible. For the Croc slides, these are kinder since they're just slip-ons. Just like any other shoe. when you first get in them there needs to be a period of breaking them in because the sandal will have to make your acquaintance. After that they're pretty good. 

Regarding quality. The shoes are very soft. When i took my first step,  i was surprised because I'm normally used to sandals or shoes having a stronger block feel to them. But as i walk in them more, I actually really like the fact that they're soft cause it makes it comfortable for long walks. That being said, do be careful with where walk with the selene's to because they do scar easy. You'll notice most of it at the square front.

And thats that! I adore the pieces they sent over. They've become staples in my closet and honestly are the perfect pieces for the summer season. Im taking my selene's everywhere! and i recommend you pick a pair or two up. i'd say  look at the Buko, chico, rust in selene or crimson for the croc line. They also just launched a mini croc handbag which you can shop HERE

Im putting up a full video on styling them next week on the youtube channel so stay tuned for that and subscribe if you haven't! enjoy the pictures and ill see ya soon






Join the conversation!

Latest Instagrams

© favourajah. Design by FCD.